Since 2018, I have been experimenting with converting recipes to sugar-free substituting Monk sweetener for sugar. I also have been trying to use fewer wheat products for no reason but to be able to find alternatives. So, this recipe is gluten-free but it does use nuts.
Oma’s Strawberry Pie
- 6* cups Fresh Strawberries Wash and Drain (reserve 1 cup for sauce)
- 1/2 cup Monk Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 cup Reserved Strawberries* mashed add to water to make 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring I use natural (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Golden Monk Sweetener
- 1 c Pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 c melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix together nuts, almond flour, butter, monk sweetener, and salt
- Press into a 10" deep-dish pie pan
- Bake for about 20 min or until golden brown. Cool completely before adding berry mixture.
- Mix Sugar, water, mashed berries, cornstarch, and food coloring (optional) together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a slow boil. Once it thickens, pour over the remaining strawberries. Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill and serve with whipped cream.