30 October, 2017
Grilled Turkey Sandwiches Anyone?
I was browsing Pinterest for turkey recipes when I ran across a tempting recipe for grilled turkey and brie. Well, I’m not a huge fan of brie but one thing I love about Thanksgiving is a fresh Turkey sandwich with alfalfa sprouts, cream cheese, and cranberry. So, I put on my thinking cap and came up with this sandwich. Left off the sprouts since I would be grilling it. Now, my husband isn’t a huge fan of cream cheese but this sandwiched made his eyes pop. So, I’m sharing with you all.
Grilled Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches
- 1/4 lb Roasted Turkey (Boarshead is my favorite next to fresh)
- cheddar cheese sliced
- Havarti Cheese sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese (not whipped)
- 3 Tbsp cranberry sauce (I make my own, but canned is fine)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 8 slices French or Sour Dough Bread
- Mix the cranberry sauce and Dijon Mustard until smooth. Spread on one side of each sandwich.
- Slather cranberry mustand on one side of each sandwich. Spread cream cheese on the other. Next assemble 1/2 slice (depending on the size) on the cranberry side, Next add a slice each of the other cheeses. Put the sandwich together and butter one side of each sandwich and put that side down on the hot grill pan. Now butter the other side. Grill until golden, then flip and finish grilling until cheese has melted.